Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm the pumpkin and you're the fire.

It's Halloween and I can think of anything scarier tonight, than being all alone.
(It's Halloween) and I can think of anything to wear, what to dress up for the night...
So i'll wear a fake smile and blame my denial, just like i've done all week.
Don't ask what i'm dressed as I'll probably just stare back and hope the silence speaks…

I'm a zombie because you're a ghost.
I might as well be dead to you...
You're the daylight and I'm a ghost
I might as well be invisible…
You're the witch that put a curse on me
and I can't get to sleep like a vampire
and even if I did you'd haunt me in my dreams.
While he's stitching up your seams and replacing all our dreams.
So farewell the memories.

I was tricked on valentines and treated to 51 lines I thought you said you were forever mine.
All these songs just fade to black because I know you're never coming back, this is the last song that you'll ever get from me.
I kissed the air, but you weren't there, like a ghost you disappeared.
But you left me addicted to your perfume and the scent of your cigarettes.

I'm a zombie because you're a ghost.
I might as well be dead to you...
You're the daylight and I'm a ghost
I might as well be invisible…
You're the witch that put a curse on me
and I can't get to sleep like a vampire
and even if I did you'd haunt me in my dreams.
While he's stitching up your seams and replacing all our dreams.
So farewell the memories.

Doors will open when doors close, I was standing on my tippy-toes.
Caskets closed but doors have opened, I saw you and I was hoping,
that you believed in love at first sight, like the stars you were shining so bright,
So like an astronaut I launched off, avoided all the meteors.
You said Hello and left me breathless, you took away all gravity.
Like a hypnotherapist you waved your watch in front of me.
You made me forget all the sadness, when I felt I'd lost everything.
You made me feel like I had surfaced, no longer a walking zombie.

I was lifeless and you appeared
You might as well be a heart surgeon.
I'm asleep because you're my dream,
I might as well be invincible.
You're the angel that flew down to me and gave me butterflies.
I'm the pumpkin and you're the fire, 
that's kept me glowing with a smile.

Now she's stitching up my seams… 
She's the girl of my dreams.
So bring on the memories. 
Happy halloween.

1 comment:

Anna said...

i fucking love these words.