Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Man Drinking Games.

And you said it would be funny to keep me hanging in suspense.
Then I'd run over to your house and I'd scale the chainlink fence.
That borders your back yard and then I'd climb through your window.
And I'd whisper that I love you as you fall out of your clothes.
And we'd lay there in the darkness like this dream of you I had,
Where we captured all the fireflies and knew what time we had.
Could be counted on our fingertips and that almost made you cry
you let me hold you tightly as we said all our goodbyes.
May I say I loved you more.
And it must have been an hour that I clutched you in my arms
And I must have said the right things because you instantly felt warm
And you heard my heart stop beating and you wanted not to cry
As your sympathetic whispers, they told a tale of bad goodbyes.
And you swore you saw me laughing and I swore I saw you smile
And this time we've spent together is meant to last us quite a while
As I take this piece of you with me, I'll carry to my grave.
Knowing that for someone you're an angel sent to save.
Keep breathing my angel, if you go down I go with you.
So let's drink to memories we shared.
Down one for all the hopes and cares.
Here's two for being unaware that you're gone.
Because before too long you'll be a memory.


No comments: