Thursday, August 19, 2010

These men were for the people...

Yet these Men were all assassinated by people...


"The government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the government and the buying power of consumers. The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of government, but it is the government's greatest creative opportunity. The financing of all public enterprise, and the conduct of the treasury will become matters of practical administration. Money will cease to be master and will then become servant of humanity." - Abraham Lincoln


Three days prior to his assassination, Abraham Lincoln related a dream he had to his wife and a few friends:
"About ten days ago, I retired very late. I had been up waiting for important dispatches from the front. I could not have been long in bed when I fell into a slumber, for I was weary. I soon began to dream. There seemed to be a death-like stillness about me. Then I heard subdued sobs, as if a number of people were weeping. I thought I left my bed and wandered downstairs. There the silence was broken by the same pitiful sobbing, but the mourners were invisible. I went from room to room; no living person was in sight, but the same mournful sounds of distress met me as I passed along. I saw light in all the rooms; every object was familiar to me; but where were all the people who were grieving as if their hearts would break? I was puzzled and alarmed. What could be the meaning of all this? Determined to find the cause of a state of things so mysterious and so shocking, I kept on until I arrived at the East Room, which I entered. There I met with a sickening surprise. Before me was a catafalque, on which rested a corpse wrapped in funeral vestments. Around it were stationed soldiers who were acting as guards; and there was a throng of people, gazing mournfully upon the corpse, whose face was covered, others weeping pitifully. 'Who is dead in the White House?' I demanded of one of the soldiers, 'The President,' was his answer; 'he was killed by an assassin.' Then came a loud burst of grief from the crowd, which woke me from my dream. I slept no more that night; and although it was only a dream, I have been strangely annoyed by it ever since."




John F. Kennedy ten days before his assassination:


"The high office of the President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the American's freedom and before I leave office, I must inform the citizen of this plight."

If only he had of remained alive and the private Federal Reserve Bank of America might not be in complete control of the government and so, the people.

"If someone is going to kill me, they will kill me." (On arriving in Dallas, 1963)







Mohandas Gandhi:
-Be the change that you want to see in the world. 
-I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill. 
-I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following. 
-I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. 
-I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers. 
-If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide. 
-I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. 
-Imitation is the sincerest flattery. 
-It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings. 
-Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. 


John Lennon:
-"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" 
-"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." 
-"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one." 
-"If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that's a problem. Peace and love are eternal." 
-"Count your age by friends, not years Count your life by smiles, not tears." 
-"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." 
-"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it." 
-"War is over ... If you want it." 
-"When you're drowning you don't think, "I would be incredibly pleased if someone would notice I'm drowning and come and rescue me." You just scream." 
-"Nothing is real." 
-"Music is everybody's business. It's only the publishers who think people own it" 
-"I'll probably be popped off by some loony".

Martin Luther King Jr:
-A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom. 
-An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. 
-An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
-Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent. 
-If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive. 

No comments: